While you may think that the Notre Dame is the only point of interest on Île de la Cité, you couldn’t be more mistaken. Walking through this island in the middle of Paris, you can find buildings covered in vines, small charming parks and winding narrow passageways. Enjoy the view across the river of the typically Parisian apartment buildings and marvel at the fact that you are on an island in a big city!
Île de la Cité
Here’s 12 photos that will inspire you to explore Île de la Cité further…
Things to Do on Île de la Cité
Here are a few more attractions on Île de la Cité beyond the Nôtre Dame:
- Place Dauphine: A romantic, triangular public square completed in 1616
- Sainte-Chapelle: an ornate 13th century Gothic chapel with colorful stained-glass windows
- Conciergerie: a 14th century former royal palace and at one time, prison
- Pont Neuf: an arched stone bridge dating to 1607
- Square du Vert-Galant: a tiny green park located at the western tip of the island
What are your favorite things to do on Île de la Cité?