8 Cities You MUST Visit in France
France is probably my favorite country in the world (after the US, of course!) and I’ve traveled it extensively. In fact, I think I’ve seen more of France overall than the US overall (probably because it’s just so expansive). France is super easy to get around and they have some of the fastest trains in the world which can zip you between cities, making it perfect for young tourists who want to save money.
You’ll notice this list is somewhat partial to the south of France, and that’s because I just adore it. Don’t worry, there’s more than just Provence, although, that is a great place to start!
Here are my top eight cities to visit in France:
1. Paris – France’s capital city is the most popular vacation destination in the world, and for good reason! The city is one of the beautiful places on earth, and if you visit France, there’s a good chance you’ll fly in through here, so you should absolutely take several days and visit the city of light!
2. Nice – To me, Nice is the Miami of France! Full of colorful buildings, this seaside city is a delight to visit, especially in the summer!
4. Lyon – Lyon is a gastronome’s paradise. It is a city is known for its delectable, high-quality cuisine, so be sure to look up the trending restaurants before going here!
5. Bordeaux – Bordeaux is world famous for its wine, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised to learn that because you’re drinking from the source, wine is not expensive at all here!
6. Tours – Tours is just a couple hours train ride away from Paris, and it’s the perfect city to stop in if you want to discover all of France’s most beautiful chateaux in the region: Loire Valley.
8. Avignon – Be sure to visit the lovely lavender fields surrounding this UNESCO heritage city of Avignon!
What are your favorite cities in France?