8 Cities You MUST Visit in France
France is probably my favorite country in the world (after the US, of course!) and I’ve traveled it extensively. In fact, I think I’ve seen more of France than the US overall (probably because the latter is just so expansive). France is super easy to get around and they have some of the fastest trains in the world which can zip you between cities, making it perfect for young tourists who want to save money.
Narrowing down the country to just a few must-see cities in France is tough. France is one of the most diverse and culturally rich countries in Europe. Each region is quite unique from the next!
You’ll notice this list of the top cities to visit in France is somewhat partial to the southern region of Provence, and that’s because I just adore it! Don’t worry, there’s more than just the Côte d’Azur, although… it is a great place to start!
Without further ado, here are my top eight cities to visit in France:
1. Paris – France’s capital city is the most popular vacation destination in the world, and for good reason! The city is one of the beautiful places on earth, and if you visit France, there’s a good chance you’ll fly in through here, so you should absolutely take several days and visit the city of light!
2. Nice – To me, Nice is the Miami of France! Full of colorful buildings, this seaside city is a delight to visit, especially in the summer!
3. Aix-en-Provence – Aix-en-Provence is a delightfully colorful city that is a great starting place to explore the beautiful Provence region. Don’t forget to stay a few days in the city itself so you can discover all the magical places it has to offer!
4. Lyon – Lyon is a gastronome’s paradise. It is a city is known for its delectable, high-quality cuisine, so be sure to look up the trending restaurants before going here!
5. Bordeaux – Bordeaux is world famous for its wine, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised to learn that because you’re drinking from the source, wine is not expensive at all here!
6. Tours – Tours is just a couple hours train ride away from Paris, and it’s the perfect city to stop in if you want to discover all of France’s most beautiful chateaux in the region: Loire Valley.
8. Avignon – Be sure to visit the lovely lavender fields surrounding this UNESCO heritage city of Avignon!
I hope you’ve found this list of the best cities to visit in France useful! Leave a note in the comments if you advice for travelers to France!